What do you do to maximize meetings?
- What do I need to learn that I don’t know yet?
- Whom can I learn from?
- What do I anticipate changing within a year that I'll need to adapt to and for?
Once you have answered those questions for the next 10 (yes, TEN!) meetings you're invited to, consider changing them up a little. I want you to "practice your swing" by using questions that I know serve me. And, if you get value from them, if you continue using them, if you share them with others, all the better!
- I'll notice a magazine article or TED talk that helps me prepare.
- I overhear someone talking about that subject and join the conversation.
- I'll follow someone on Social Media for a few days/weeks.
- I'll subscribe to a magazine or listen to a book on audio.
- I tune my "inner radio" to scan the content of the meeting looking for anything that connects to my thinking about upcoming changes.
- The BONUS: I'll ask question during OR after the meeting that gets us all (or just the leader if it's 1:1) thinking bigger.
Now, if it's time for you to SHARE this month's course with your colleagues, send them this link!